Topic for 2022 is ‘Age My Way’
– Just about every May perhaps the country celebrates and honors more mature Individuals. More mature Us residents perform essential, constructive roles in our communities – as relatives customers, close friends, mentors, volunteers, civic leaders, customers of the workforce, and additional. Ensuring that more mature adults remain included and incorporated in communities for as lengthy as feasible advantages everybody. That is why the theme for More mature Americans Month this yr is “Age My Way.”
Although Age My Way will look distinct for every single human being, here are popular issues every person can look at:
• Arranging: Assume about what you will need to have and want in the upcoming, from property and community-based mostly solutions to local community things to do that curiosity you.
• Engagement: Keep on being included and lead to your community by work, volunteer, and/or civic participation options.
• Entry: Make household enhancements and modifications, use assistive technologies, and customise supports to help you greater age in position.
• Link: Maintain social functions and relationships to battle social isolation and remain related to your community.
This 12 months, the Paso Robles Senior Heart will celebrate More mature American Thirty day period via a selection of unique functions. These activities emphasize products and services and activities created for wholesome residing and expert services accessible in the North County for our older older people that aim on getting older-in-place.
There will be a pop-up Chair Yoga Class on May 11 at 10:30 a.m. as very well as a Flexercise Class each individual Tuesday at 9 a.m. California Telephones will be offering info about free specialised telephones made to assist more mature older people dial, listen to, and make phone calls simpler. Be part of Daniel from Household In its place to understand about in-property services available to help our older older people continue to be in their homes as very long as probable. Wilshire Neighborhood Services will also be coming to the senior centre to offer facts about the free expert services offered to more mature adults these kinds of as companionship, transportation, and peer mediation. The senior centre will also provide information and facts on volunteer possibilities.
Be a part of the senior centre in celebrating Older Us residents Thirty day period by going to 270 Scott Road, or by contacting (805) 237-3880 to get the comprehensive calendar of events.